That was my word for 2016. I even had it stamped on a charm that I wore around my neck nearly every single day.
One thing about the word bloom is that in can be a noun or a verb. In a sense, my work bloomed in 2016, and I did so as a person as well, becoming a bloom in a field of many other beautiful and unique blooms.
Last year I traveled more in a year than I had ever before. Actually, I probably traveled more in that one year than the previous 35 years put together…well, almost. Lol.
A few stats:
- 10 states (Missouri, Illinois, Wisconsin, California, Florida, Washington, Texas, Tennessee, Hawaii, Georgia)
- 9 industry articles published (see them here)
- 8 conferences (taught at 4, shot at 3, and in attendance at 1)
- 6 National Parks (The Gateway Arch, Cabrillo National Monument, Golden Gate, San Francisco Maritime, Joshua Tree, Yosemite)
- 4 countries (US, Canada, Mexico, Bahamas)
- 3 photos published in magazines (Behind the Shutter, Feast, Vacation Rental Travels)
- 1 canyon (Waimea Canyon in Kauai)
- 100s of people met face to face
Looking back over the year, my heart smiles that I have been able to not only meet so many people, but I have also been able to share my skills and knowledge to help them in their own successes.
See all of these highlights in under 3 minutes:
If you would like to attend an upcoming workshop, see the current ones here.
Do you get my random awesome emails with tips, specials, upcoming events, and my general cool adventures?
If not, you can sign up right here:
Vacation Rental Photographer
contact me to shoot your property
Video course NOW AVAILABLE. Check it out now.